After last nights call, I was up still thinking about this topic of choices. You can make a decision all you want but it will not stand and come to fruition if the choices you make don’t support it!
Let’s look at this more specifically:
- I’m gonna lose weight! (Sensitive topic for me now lol) If I don’t make the right choices of what to eat and how to move my body my decision is in vain. If fact, consistently overindulging on the wrong food and not exercising negates the very decision I made. I become my own adversary working against myself! Instead of losing weight I end up doing the very opposite, gaining.
- I’m gonna wait on God for the right spouse. I’m not going to fornicate, I’m gonna keep my body Holy. (I’ve struggled with this too!) I would make that decision, but yet would date people that didn’t have the same standard. Men that made it known their intention to have sex with me up front. Men that don’t even know John 3:16 and wonder why the relationship and my heart ended up in shambles! I made the decision but every time I had the choice to go to their bedroom, to participate in just “a little” foreplay, and make excuses for the man’s lack of relationship with God I again set myself up for failure!
- I’m going to forgive that person and move on. I would make that decision but then replay the scenario over and over in my mind. Not only that but I would talk about it with others to get their opinion, wait for the apology I felt was deserved, and look to see the vengeance “from the Lord” they suffered as a result. Truth is, forgiveness is a choice. Doing the work and going through the process to release what happened and what it meant to me is my choice! It doesn’t have to have power over my life unless I let it!
I give my personal examples to help you see some of your decisions and how your choices are actually self sabotaging and are keeping you from living the abundant life you were created to live!
We can’t undo the choices of yesterday so I’m constantly examining my choices and working to make better ones. I pray you are as well!
Bless you 😘
You have more control over your life than you think. It’s all about what you choose! Talk with you soon, 9:00 PM EST Teleconference #: (712) 775-7035 Access Code: 385491
Working on your inner man is not easy. Just think about it. It contains residue, memories, and hurts from your life experiences from birth until now.
Instead of working through it many live in denial, self medicate, and never reach their full potential. They repeat the same cycles of bad relationships, giving up, and developing bad habits. I know because that was once me.
“Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.”
Romans 12:2 NLT
“Is this a pleasant experience?” NO
“Is this easy to do?” Absolutely not!
But it is worth it! If you are in that uncomfortable place of transforming today, you are in good company. I want to encourage you as I encourage myself. Keep pushing. Don’t stop and do what’s easy. Stick it through and reap the rewards!
You may not be able to do this alone. If not, I suggest a coach, therapist, counselor etc. someone that can help you see any blind spots and trends you may be missing. I offer help in this area. Check out the coaching page on the blog.
What to you do when:
- IT doesn’t work
- The door is closed
- You hear “NO”
Let’s talk about it tonight!
There are life experiences that shake our very core. Where we feel defeated, sob and the only words we can utter are moans and groans. Lord knows I’ve experienced these moments.
I didn’t always seek my strength in my faith, I was angry with God so why would I pray. But, I’ve learned that my relationship with the Lord is the only thing that gives me strength in my weakest moments. Though He allows me to suffer, He still loves me, will heal me and help me move forward.
If you’ve been shaken at the core and have turned away from your source of strength. Go back.
- If you feel you’ve been forsaken, read His Word
- If you just can’t find words to pray, just get in a quiet place and cry in His presence
- If you can’t feel Him near, praise and worship Him
The Lord is your strength!
“Seek and deeply long for the LORD and His strength [His power, His might]; Seek and deeply long for His face and His presence continually.”
PSALM 105:4 AMP