I was blessed to get away and have some “Blue Water Therapy!” It’s something about being at the ocean for me that makes me reflect but the blue ocean takes it to another level!
I realized I’ve been holding some shame over some old sin. And as I looked out from my ship and could see no land in sight, I was reminded of the fact that my sins I’ve repented of are as a drop of water in that ocean to be remembered no more! I don’t have to be ashamed, it’s a part of my testimony, it’s not who I am.
“Once again you will have compassion on us. You will trample our sins under your feet and throw them into the depths of the ocean!”
Micah 7:19 NLT
The only time shame is allowed is when we have unconfessed sin or are living in habitual sin (iniquity). If you are in that state: shame is used to convict and bring you to a place of repentance. Once you have confessed and turned away. Walk in shame no more!
We waste time when we “want” to forgive but we still want to hold the offense against the one we love.
This is not true just in our romantic relationships but all our relationships of the Heart. If you “want” to forgive and move on. Join me tonight as I share some tips to help you “let it go!”
“Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,”
Hebrews 12:1 NKJV
Sometimes the weight we carry is the issues of others. You have prayed, given Godly counsel, instructions, warnings, lessons, and teachings. .But, they are still not changing, still going down a path they may lead to destruction, still not taking heed. You need to let go of the weight! You have done your job, now you must release them to make their own decision.
I know there was a time in my life (who am I kidding, there were a few times) when I was the same way. People were pouring out wisdom, prayers, advice but I still went my own way! It wasn’t until I made the decision to change that anything happened. Don’t allow your flock, clients, children, or loved ones to stress you out because they are not doing what you feel they should. Release them to make their own decisions! Cover them in prayer. When they ask, keep telling them the truth in love. And finally, be prepared to restore them if the process leaves them with some bumps and bruises.
I’m so excited, the Mr will be sharing with me. Join us live on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2d4uychjVfYKm40fDD6G6w
Or via Teleconference #: (712) 775-7035 Access Code: 385491
If you have a question or issue you would like to receive Godly counsel for please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I saw this and had to share. I know for someone something has ended, transitioned, or a door closed: a relationship, children growing up, job, business, ministry but the ending of one thing is the opportunity for a new beginning.
It’s all in your perspective, it may take time but work to change your focus. Remember it has to work out for your good!
Today is my wedding anniversary! It’s the day we remember and celebrate our New Beginning. We both knew what it was like to have a marriage fail. Through all our tests and growing pains, we can truly say “An answered prayer he is to me, my greatest blessing she’ll always be!”
There was a time in my misery I never thought I deserved to be loved like this. And now I can honestly say I don’t even think about what I’ve been through unless I’m reflecting and thanking God, testifying
or I’m coaching someone through their relationship issues.
I know what it’s like to:
- Lose yourself in a relationship because you never fully knew who you were in the 1st place.
- Feel validated by a relationship only to have it slip through your fingers and feel your self worth went with it
- Fear being single and wondering if you will find someone to love you and your child in spite of your past so you go backwards to what’s familiar instead of moving forward to the unknown
As I ponder I tell you what I wish I could have told myself sooner.
- Get to know yourself. A good man will be studying you and asking God what makes you click. You need to know as well. Best place to start is by asking your manufacturer, and taking time to learn how special you are and why you were created. What do you enjoy? What do you dislike? When asked what you would like to eat…at least be able to give a man some options lol 😂
- Some relationships are seasonal and contain a lesson. Sometimes we miss all the red flags, walk in anyway, and blame the other person for it not working. Sometimes we don’t see warning signs until we are in a relationship but are afraid to let go because we feel like a failure. Don’t be afraid to let Go, when it’s time to let go! Someone else’s actions are not a reflection of you, what treatment you accept is!
- Being single and walking in purpose is a blessing! Forgive yourself for your past whatever it may include. Everyone has a past so walk in confidence with no regrets or condemnation. There is nothing you can do except make better choices for the future. Move on, your future self will thank you!
One day I prayed for the man I have now, for the family I have now! Lord I praise you!!!
After a conversation I had with someone tonight, something really hit me and I had to share it. If we are not careful we will paint a picture of a God that makes some people afraid to pray, accept Him as Lord, and build a relationship with Him. Some are afraid to come to God because they fear God (not with a healthy reverence or respect) but more like terror based on the things they have done and the punishment they may deserve.
Lets make sure that we present the whole picture and let people know that God sent His Son Jesus so they we could be not only sons and daughters but friends. That yes, there are consequences for our actions but there is also Grace! It’s undeserved and demonstrates the Father’s unconditional love. Our salvation is based upon our belief not our perfection.
“God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.”
Ephesians 2:8-9 NLT
I know that there’s debate about whether parents should be friends with their children but when it comes to our Father God the answer is YES!!!
“For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son. So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God.”
Romans 5:10-11 NLT
I pray you are encouraged tonight to come out of your spiritual timeout that you put yourself in because you were afraid of what punishment the Father would give you. And believe that He loves you and whatever sin has you hiding can still be washed in the blood of Jesus!