So I just celebrated another Birthday! And took a week or so to reflect and plan for this year and beyond. I’m 39 and I want to end this decade strong so the next will be epic!!! I saw this pic recently and it reminded me of all I went through at that time. Believe it or not I was 21 in this pic. Life had literally aged me.
- The most important man in my life had passed away, My Pop.
- The other man in my life had cheated on me and had a baby on the way.
- I struggled with issues of abuse in my past.
- I had no idea who “I” was and what “I” wanted to do.
I needed to be born again, a fresh start, and a new beginning. And through Christ I was able to do all that. Did it happen overnight? Nope, more like over the next decade but I can honestly say, I don’t look like, smell like, or even feel like what I’ve been through.
It’s my desire to help others as well. New Beginning Life Coaching….coming soon. Get Ready!
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.”
II Corinthians 5:17 NKJV
Ouch! The Word of God is truly a 2-edged sword and it cut and convicted me this morning. When I think of the time I’ve wasted with my eyes on the TV or phone; it’s a shame. Now all of these things have their place but when you’ve been given a God-inspired assignment you can’t afford anything worthless. So if you are gonna look at something make sure its useful and is building you up. When you feel that pull to release the treasure that is within you to reach the masses, there is no time to waste!
Hope deferred makes the heart sick. We feel down, we get weary. Oh but when it comes….but when it comes, but when it comes!!!
During those moments your heart feels sick because it’s still waiting on your Hopes to be fulfilled mediate on how it will feel when it comes!!! What will life be like? What will it look like? What will it smell like? What will it sound like?
When thoughts come that discourage you in the wait, tell those thoughts…”Oh but when it comes…
When you want to give up and throw in the towel on your Hopes:
- Praise Him in advance
- Praise Him because He’s with you in the wait
- Praise Him in spite of the wait because the wait is for your good!
Proverbs 13:12 Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.
I love the month of September!!! It’s my Birth Month, the end of summer and the start of Fall. Change is in the air! I haven’t always embraced change in my life but now I realize that even the most painful changes have worked out for my good! I’ve learned that I’m stronger than I think, that trouble don’t last always, and that I have the power to overcome what tries to take me out!
I challenge you this month to implement “CHANGE” daily! No change is too small: Try a new hairstyle, new lipstick color, your attitude, your home decor, the way you speak to your spouse, your organization system, your perfume, the type of books you read, the music you listen too, your exercise routine, your meals …
You get the picture, change it up! As you implement change yourself you won’t be as resistant to the “CHANGE” that comes in life that you have no control over.
If you haven’t already please read: The Junk Room Part 1.
So you have identified the need to do some “cleaning up.” But you aren’t sure where to begin. Here are some suggestions.
- DECLUTTER – If we aren’t careful we can accumulate things that take up space but serve no purpose. What do you need to clean up so you can be more effective at the things you should be doing in this season? When you try to work on a task, what constantly comes up in your mind or surroundings as a distraction? Make note of these things.
- TAKE OUT THE TRASH – Are you rebuilding your life because of an unexpected event (death, divorce, financial hardship, or sickness)? Whatever is no longer needed, get rid of it! Everything that is good is not good for you at all times. Maybe it brings up bad memories or is no longer effective because you have changed. You are adjusting to a new season of life and need to get rid of the junk so you have room for your new beginning.
- VACUUM – Some junk is deep! You don’t see it but you know it’s there. You are depressed, you get angry easily, you don’t enjoy your life anymore, and/or you have no motivation to move forward. Just like a vacuum, you need to get deep into your heart and bring up what’s unseen so you deal with it and move on.
If this sounds overwhelming and you need help, contact me. I have services that can meet your needs! Brokenandnotashamed@gmail.com
So I was preparing to take my daughter for some back to school shopping. She hasn’t done an organization project at home that I asked her to do yet. I was thinking to myself (and rightfully so in my opinion), “Why am I taking her shopping, she still hasn’t done what I asked her to do!”
Immediately, my mind wondered and I thought about all the things the Lord asked me to do that are STILL not done. Yet, with His Grace and Mercy he still takes “Great” care of me.
So I extended some Grace and to the mall we went. She doesn’t get it right all the time but my love for her is unconditional. I don’t get it right all the time either, but Jesus still thinks I’m to Die for! Be blessed
So for years I had a junk room in my home. I purchased this home as a single woman and was very proud of that. I had a beautiful daughter, was moving up the corporate ladder, and from the outside looking in, I’d say a picture of success.
However there was a part of my life I didn’t want to deal with. For me it was my relationship issues and how they were effecting my life. Not just with men but my little girl issues too.
The junk room was the place I stored everything I didn’t want to go through, I didn’t need or didn’t use. As I begin to work through my relationship issues. I started to be bothered by the mess of that room and it’s wasted space.
I believe that the natural can be a representation of what’s going on internally. Do a check in of your physical surroundings and appearance. Is there an area that is completely in disarray?
If this is the case and it’s not due to lack of time but to avoidance, chances are you also have some hidden areas in your heart that need to be cleaned up and dealt with.
Cleaning up is not the most glorious task but somebody has to do it. When it comes to matters of the heart, YOU have to do the work!